Why Won’t My Child Play With His Toys Like He Should
Children have great minds and like to use their imaginations. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. Unless they are taking the imagination too far and breaking toys or hurting others. Here are a few things that you can do to help.
1. Model how the toy should be played with. If you want a child to play with the toy a certain way, the only way they will know that is to have them shown. Let them show you how they think they should play with it.
2. Discuss how the toys get broken. Let them know that throwing toys, ramping cars hard, and other rough play will break the toys.
3. Let your child know that if they break the toys you will not be buying more. And stick to it. No matter if it was their favorite toy or not, they were not living up to the expectations that you had for them.
4. Let your child know that if you see rough playing with the toy and it is not intend to be played with like that, you will have to put the toy in time out. Make time out a day for the first offense, two days for the second offense and then a week for the third time.
Why Won’t My Child Read And Enjoy Books
There are many reasons why children do not like to read. They may feel pressured to read and so therefore they do not . Or they may feel they do not have the time to with all of the games they have these days. Here are some things as a parent that you can do to spark the interest of a child.
1. Start reading to your child at an early age. Children that are read to appreciate books more and are more apt to read on their own when they are older.
2. Take your children to the library and get them a library card. Do this at an early age. If the library offers a story hour, then sign them up so they are interested in reading.
3. Limit the amount of time a child has on the computer and playing video games, as well as watching TV. Many children are too wrapped up into watching TV or playing video games that they say they do not have time to read. If you limit the time, they have plenty of time to read.
4. If they are interested in a magazine subscription then let them have it. This is a form of reading. Even if it is a comic book it is still reading.